Friday, March 9, 2012

The Baker's Wife By Erin Healy


The Baker's Wife is a great work of fiction, full of mystery and suspense. As the title suggests the main character in this book is Audrey, the wife of a former pastor. After he was kicked out of the church due to a scandal, they opened up a small bakery. Audrey was involved in an accident where Julie, the wife of a detective just disappeared without a trace, just lots of blood.

The mystery continues to deepen and I had a hard time walking away from this book. The author did a wonderful job with describing the scenery, the atmosphere and characters in the book. The suspense was great, I couldn't figure out how the book would end or what would happen next! It's definitely a page turner.
Throughout this book, Audrey's faith and learning to listen to that small still voice was remarkable. It made me wonder how many opportunities I had missed because of ignoring or not paying attention to that small still voice. I also loved how their family kept close and stayed tight together through such a trying time.

Now remember that it is a work of fiction and some of the experiences that Audrey had I found to be a bit weird but I could easily over look it because of how good the book was. I was a bit disappointed with the ending of the book, in one way I didn’t want it to end yet and on the other hand I was hoping for a more in depth ending.
However, I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery and stories of working your way through hardships. It really is a great read.




I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: